Thursday, April 23, 2009

Comments on Article Reading

I found this article very easy to relate to (on the first 2 pages ONLY). In the very beginning of the article, the author talked about the possible reasons more and more teachers stray away from using technology to its full potential. I read on further to discover that teachers do not feel capable to do this because of lack of training and/or experience with these methods/tools/programs of technology. For example: I am somewhat familiar with the Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver (I think), but have never heard of Corel Poser or Bryce. What are they anyway????? Not knowing DOES cause draw-backs and stray-aways! I found the terms and words used in and throughout the article, to be quite unique. Never heard of some of them before! For instance, visual essay and alphabetic literacy. OOPS! There's that LITERACY word again! To be very, very, very, quite honest... I found this endless article to be very, extremely, ultimately, truthfully, undoubtedly hard and difficult to read. I could barely keep up with it. Maybe I'm just tired, or maybe I just didn't find it interesting enough to retain. Who knows???????? At this point, I'm just ready to get outta USM SPRING 2009 SENIOR BLOCK SEMESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So how might children who struggle with difficult texts that contain words that don't know when they're tired from a home life that isn't optimum to work through difficult texts.

    ReplyDelete